Saturday, April 26, 2014

Baby Back Ribs...

So its finally warm which means out comes the charcoal grill....so I set out to make some baby back ribs last Saturday.  The whole process started in the slow cooker with ice.  My half rack was frozen so it was thawed overnight in the refrigerator.  

So first I lined the slow cooker with a slow cooker liner (these things are life savers in clean-up)



Then I added ice for a little steam action so the meat would melt of the bones!


Seasoning the ribs nice and well prior to their steam bath


Into the Rib Sauna



After 4.5 hours in the Rib Sauna they are basically steam cooked 


Finished Sauced Masterpiece

They ribs turned out well but I did not steam them as long as I normally do. 
I would of preferred to let them go at least 6 hours. Or just put them in frozen the night before since they could steam low and slow all night and be ready to just pop on the grill to get some nice grill flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment