I also got this recipe from Food.com
Prep: 15 min Total Time: 45 min Serves: 36, Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cup nuts (walnuts or pecans)(or both)
- Powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add Vanilla extract.
- Mix together flour and salt, gradually add to butter mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Form dough into 1 inch to 1-1/4 inch balls and place onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden brown.
- Remove from oven allow to cool slightly, roll in powdered sugar while still warm (but NOT hot) then cool on wire racks.
- Cookies can be rolled again when cooled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temperature.
*1 inch balls will increase yield to 48 cookies*