Monday, November 11, 2013

Chicken and Noodles with Kale and Swiss Chard

I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, saute express garlic and herb butter, whole grain spaghetti noodles (all I had on hand and I wanted to use my electric wok), lacinto kale, and swiss chard.

  • I probably used about 1-1.5 boneless chicken thighs
  • 1 bunch of organic swiss chard stems and large ribs removed and torn into pieces
  • 1 bunch of organic lacinto kale rough chopped
  • Noodles of your choice (Boiled ahead of time best if left  a little al dente or "chewy"(will cook when added to mixture)  (I made about a cup whole grain spaghetti noodles but more dependent on your preference and people to be served) 
  • 3 Saute express garlic and herb butter "blocks"

This probably would serve 3-4 people and could be adjusted dependent on the number of servings and to taste.  The saute express flavored butter directs a "block" per ever 1/2 pound of chicken  but it also may be personal preference.

First I heated my electric wok and then added 2 blocks of butter.  Then I added my chicken to the wok and let that heat up and cook through. 

Next I removed the chicken from the wok and reheated it up to temp and added another block of saute express flavored butter. 

Then I added the swiss chard and the kale to sear it up and flavor it and then added the chicken back in. 

Last I added the noodles pick up some noodles and rewarm them, mix together a few minutes, serve and enjoy.  Might also be good with some shredded Parmesan cheese over the top.  

This is my own creation based on what I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment