Friday, July 25, 2014

Banana Blueberry Bread

I was planning on making some banana bread with the ripened bananas I had but realized I also had some leftover organic blueberries so I figured I might as well make some Banana Blueberry bread. I had only about 1/4 cup of berries on hand.



Banana Blueberry Bread

1 1/2 cups Unbleached All purpose Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4-1 tsp Cinnamon
3 medium ripened bananas
1/4-1/2 cup blueberries (add last)
1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed down)
2 large eggs
1 tsp real vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Oil the sides and bottom of a loaf pan.   Mash bananas in medium bowl.  Add brown sugar.  In another bowl add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix together, set aside.

2.  Add eggs mix well.   Melt butter or margarine in microwave just until melted.  Add slowly to wet mixture.  Add vanilla extract.

3.  Slowly incorporate dry mixture into wet mixture.  Fold in blueberries.  Pour into loaf pan.   Bake for 55-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment