Saturday, November 30, 2013

Chocolate cupcakes with Coffee Mascarpone Frosting

Devil Food cupcakes with Coffee Mascarpone Frosting 
 I love tiramisu and was craving chocolate so this was my happy medium using just a basic cake mix as a base, but it could easily made from scratch if you prefer.  I added some strong coffee to plain mascarpone, although BelGioioso does have a tiramsu mascarpone if you would rather not have to brew and add coffee to the mascarpone.  I added 3-4 tablespoons of cooled strong coffee.  The frosting is rather thick so it can be spread on or piped on, I don't decorate cakes often so I just piped from a Ziploc bag which wasn't super fancy but it got the job done.  If I was going to bring these for a special occasion or hand them out I would definitely make sure they would be presentable but these were just a test of whether the mascarpone frosting was too much. 


http://www.belgioioso.com/Mascarpone.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment