Monday, November 11, 2013

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

I used a slightly modified recipe from Gina on allrecipes.com The link is at the bottom of the post to view the  original recipe and other great recipes.  I reduced the amount of nutmeg and omitted the cloves.




 Glaze

1 teaspoon vanilla extract  
1 tablespoon melted butter
3 tablespoons milk  ( I used almond milk) 
2 cups confectioners' sugar   
 

 
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine the flour, baking powder,baking soda, nutmeg, salt, cinnamon together in a bowl set aside. 

Cream together softened butter and  sugar.  Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla mix until creamy and smooth.  Mix in dry ingredients.

Drop by tablespoon on a cookie sheet and press down to flatten.

Bake 11-15 minutes depending on your oven and the size of cookies. ( My oven runs a little hot so my average time was 12-14 minutes)
(Original recipe directed to bake 15-20 minutes)

To make Glaze:
Mix powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla and milk ( I used almond milk I had on hand), mix until consistency of a glaze aka  you will be able to drizzle it but if you make it to soon it hardens so you may have to add more milk to loosen it up.

Unless you make it after the cookies are done and don't leave it sitting while their cooling.

But I'm rather impatient so I like to eat cookies warm so I made it early and had to add a little more milk no big deal still worked fine and cookies were good warm and cooled.  










http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Iced-Pumpkin-Cookies/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=pumpkin%20cookies&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

No comments:

Post a Comment