This recipe is from Food.com, I usually use Betty Crocker, but switched it up this year. Basically the same recipe. I use vanilla instead of almond extract because we tend to prefer it and have it on hand all the time.
Prep Time: 25 mins Total Time: 33mins Yield: 36-42 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp almond extract or (Vanilla Extract)
- Colored decorating sugar or candies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Blend in the egg and almond extract; beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Press dough through the cookie press onto parchment lined baking sheets
- Sprinkle with decorating sugar or candies
- Bake 6-8 minutes until cookies are just starting to turn lightly brown.
- Cool on wire rack.