Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Cannoli Dip

I made this dip for our Family Christmas Eve desert and served with Chocolate graham crackers and waffle cones.   I found the original recipe on Pinterest from the CookingClassy blog, and modified it a little bit to fit my own Cannoli taste preferences.  I left out the heavy cream because I prefer a more traditional style cannoli filling. This is after refrigeration, it looks less like cookie dough when you first make it but I forgot to take a picture when I made it.

I preferred it to be a little sweeter than the original amount.  I would start with 2/3 and 1/4-1/3 cup more powdered sugar till the mixture is slightly sweet but not super sweet. Remember: You will be adding mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the dip also.

Yield:  8-10 Servings

Ingredients:
 

  • 16oz  Low-Fat Ricotta Cheese, Strained with paper towel or cheesecloth
  • 8oz    Mascarpone Cheese
  • 2/3 cup     Powdered Sugar (Start with 2/3 cup,  Add  1/4 cup-1/3 cup to desired sweetness) Extra for Dusting 
  • 1/2 cup mini-morsels semi-sweet chips
  • Chopped pistachios or nuts if desired for garnish or filling.

Directions:

  1. Strain Ricotta Cheese by squeezing excess liquid out in several layers of cheesecloth or paper towel.  Remove as much excess liquid as possible. 
  2. In mixing bowl, beat together ricotta and mascarpone until smooth, gradually mix in powdered sugar.  I added about 1 cup of powdered sugar to the mixture.
  3. Fold in Chocolate Chips morsels or nuts.
  4. Serve with waffle cones, graham crackers, fried flour tortillas dusted with cinnamon, animal crackers, fruit, sugar cones,  etc.   

No comments:

Post a Comment