I preferred it to be a little sweeter than the original amount. I would start with 2/3 and 1/4-1/3 cup more powdered sugar till the mixture is slightly sweet but not super sweet. Remember: You will be adding mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the dip also.
Yield: 8-10 Servings
- 16oz Low-Fat Ricotta Cheese, Strained with paper towel or cheesecloth
- 8oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 2/3 cup Powdered Sugar (Start with 2/3 cup, Add 1/4 cup-1/3 cup to desired sweetness) Extra for Dusting
- 1/2 cup mini-morsels semi-sweet chips
- Chopped pistachios or nuts if desired for garnish or filling.
- Strain Ricotta Cheese by squeezing excess liquid out in several layers of cheesecloth or paper towel. Remove as much excess liquid as possible.
- In mixing bowl, beat together ricotta and mascarpone until smooth, gradually mix in powdered sugar. I added about 1 cup of powdered sugar to the mixture.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips morsels or nuts.
- Serve with waffle cones, graham crackers, fried flour tortillas dusted with cinnamon, animal crackers, fruit, sugar cones, etc.